Here is one of my favourite meals to have when in a rush. This udon noodle stir fry is a great meal to have up your sleeve for those nights when you are seriously short on time. I list all of the vegetables I use below, but feel free to use up what you have in your fridge!
I am a big fan of udon noodles. The packaged ones are available at all large grocery stores and are great to keep in your fridge for a rainy day.
10 minute udon veggie bowlPrint Recipe
- 1 package udon noodles
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 thai chilli sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 red cabbage shredded
- 1 broccoli stem grated
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slice cucumber
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 wedge lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- First things first place udon noodles into a heat safe bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let the noodles sit in the water for 5-7 minutes until they become soft and separate from each other.
- Place a pan over medium high heat. Once to temperature, gently pour in canola oil and all oil to come to temperature. Once hot add in garlic, ginger, chilli and stir continuously. You are looking to get no colour on anything here.
- Next, toss in vegetables and stir constantly for about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil and then pour over the vegetables.
- Last step, toss in the the softened noodles and stir everything together. Once noodles are nice and hot you are ready to serve!
- Garish with cucumbers, peanuts, and lime! Enjoy!