Banana Zucchini Muffins – it’s back to school time!
Will these be the best muffins you ever taste? No. But does my daughter who is a picky eater like them? Yes! So in my world, that’s literally all that matters.
I’m new to the school lunches game, so am working hard on building a collection of good things to pack for her school meals. She’s a picky eater so it’s always a battle to get her to eat enough, and something sort of healthy-ish. That is exactly where these muffins fall – healthy-ish!
We had a couple of bananas in the freezer and an INSANE amount of zucchini from our garden, so I decided to mix them together and make muffins. Chuck in a couple of chocolate chips and we are off to the races!
Give these a try. Healthy-ish, gluten free, and pretty darn tasty.
More school lunch/meal prep recipes coming your way soon!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup melted butter or any fat you like (olive oil, veg oil, coconut oil)
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups GF flour (regular flour is fine too!)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease muffin tins or place paper liners in muffin tin.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add in grated zucchini and fat. Mix together until smooth. I used a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add in sugar, egg, vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the salt and baking powder and give it a mix.
- Add flour and chocolate chips. Be sure not to over-mix. (which I ended up doing by accident!)
- Divide the batter into muffin tins. This made around 16 muffins for me. They were kid sized.
- Bake for 18-22 mins. Check with a toothpick. When it comes out clean they are done!
Subscribe to more content like this: