This is the dish I make when someone I love is coming over but I am too lazy to cook. Fast, easy, and super charged with flavour. The contrasts in flavour, texture, and temperature makes this dish really special and wildly delicious.
There is nothing fancy about this recipe. But that is what makes it so good! Just grab a bowl, toss everything in, and then toss is in a pan! The ingredients do all the work, and the combination of flavours work so well. The pop and juiciness of the tomatoes, the deliciousness of the garlic, the punchy flavour of the oregano, the cold creamy yoghurt, and then the crunch bread. SO GOOD!
This recipe is perfect for the cottage, camping, or in the RV. You need very little equipment and really could make this with nothing more than a skillet and an open fire.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients
- Cherry tomatoes – The higher quality the better
- Olive oil
- cumin seeds
- lemon peel
- fresh oregano
- brown sugar
- greek yoghurt
Blistered Garlic Oregano TomatoesPrint Recipe
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (find the good ones)
- 3-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 sprigs oregano (4 mixed in with tomatoes, two left raw for garnish)
- 3 strips lemon peel
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cold greek yogurt
- ½ loaf sliced sourdough
- In a mixing bowl add tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, cumin, brown sugar, oregano, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. With your hand or a spoon, mix to make sure tomatoes are totally covered in the mixture.
- Place a pan over high heat and once it has reached temperature, add in the tomatoes and saute on high for 8-9 minutes. You want the tomatoes to be soft, but still holding together.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, slice some baguette, drizzle on olive oil, and toast in a pan, air fryer, or oven.
- Once tomatoes are done, get the yogurt out of the fridge and scoop 1 1/2 cups onto a plate. Using the back of a spoon make a well and then place the tomatoes into the well. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, fresh oregano leaves, and chilli flakes. Dive in while the tomatoes are still hot.