Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Blondies
This recipe is NUTS. Immediately stop what you are doing and make it. Chewy, chocolatey, salty, nutty. Jess would always order a blondie when we were at a cafe and now I 100% understand why. Holy smokes!
Also, this recipe is dead easy. No equipment needed and comes together in under ten minutes. Pop it in the oven for 30 mins and you are off to the races.
Wow…I will never forget these things. Brown butter chocolate pecan blondies. Lock this one in the memory bank.
- 1/2 cup browned butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped chocolate (really what ever you have...chips are more than fine too)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp sea salt to finish with
- Preheat the oven to 350 and put parchment paper inside a loaf pan or an 8X8 square pan. Spray with cooking spray. I like the loaf pan as it makes them thicker.
- Browned butter is a secret to a happy life. It's dead easy and delicious. All you need to do is put a 1/2 cup of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow the butter to melt and bubble away until it turns amber and has a nutty aroma. Once that happens take off the heat and let cool for 5 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and brown sugar. Stir with a spoon or a the mixer until combined. Next crack in the egg and stir until well incorporated.
- Now dry ingredients: add in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Be careful not to overwork the dough here. Just mix until everything is incorporated.
- Next up, fold in the chocolate and pecans. Save a couple tbsp of each to stick on the top once the dough is in the pan.
- Spoon the dough mixture into the pan and pat down flat. Press the left-over chocolate and pecans onto the top of the blondie.
- Bake for 28-30 mins. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. After that remove from pan and again let cool for another 10 mins. Cut them up, get a cup of coffee, and go to town!!! These are SO GOOD!
Subscribe to more content like this: