Chocolate Coconut Haystacks
We’re headed down Memory Lane once again with this super easy recipe. I have memories of these chocolate coconut haystacks making an appearance on family summer road trips throughout the Maritimes. Lovely little things they are!
I love the flavour combination of chocolate and coconut, and I definitely wasn’t shy with the flaky sea-salt. This is one of the easiest recipes I have done; can really help when that chocolate craving hits!
Give this one a try and be sure to share with your foodie friends.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt + more for sprinkling at the end
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, add the butter, milk, cocoa, salt, and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil but be sure to be whisking constantly. Let boil for 2-4 minutes while whisking.
- After 4 minutes, turn off the burner and add in the oats, vanilla, and coconut. Immediately fold the mixture together using a spatula. Once everything is totally mixed together, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out haystacks and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let fully cool for 10 mins. Finish with flaky sea salt. Enjoy!
Subscribe to more content like this: