These chocolate peanut butter balls are 100% my favourite Christmas cookies. I could eat 5000 of them if push came to shove. The combo of peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best one two punches out there. Give these a try this holiday season and I hope you and your guests just love them!
Chocolate Peanut Butter BallsPrint Recipe
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs or rice crispies
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or waffers for melting
- 2 tsp Salt for finishing
- In a large bowl mix together butter and peanut butter until smooth. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer for this.
- Add in icing sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and vanilla. Mix together until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Using your hands roll golf ball sized balls of the peanut butter mixture together and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once you form all of the balls place the whole baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes. This allows the mixture to firm up and the chocolate will stick better as well to the ball.
- While balls are in the freezer melt the chocolate. You can do this using a microwave or double boiler.
- After peanut balls have firmed up dip them into the melted chocolate and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to sprinkle a pinch of salt on each ball before chocolate fully cools. Enjoy!!