These are not your Grandmothers cheeseballs folks! Wow. I love these little things. Absolutely perfect heavy hors d’oeuvre for any event. The halloumi cheese gives an amazing texture and structure. The spices pop through which make this bite really fun. I am 100% going to be serving these at my next dinner party.
Beyond being tasty, they are very easy to make. Pop all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix, form into little balls, and fry till golden in a pan. Really lovely and I hope you enjoy them!
Halloumi, carrot, herb, fritters.Print Recipe
- 250 grams Halloumi cheese grated
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup chopped dill use any herb of your choice
- 4 tbsp rice flour any flour is fine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup store bought mayo
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- In a bowl combine shredded halloumi, carrots, dill, flour, spices, and eggs. Stir until combined.
- With your hands, form balls the size of golf balls.
- Place a pan filled with 2cm worth of canola oil over medium high heat. Once temperature has been reached gently place the fritters into the oil. Fry until golden brown on all sides. About 2 minutes per side. Once fritters are brown, remove from oil and let drain on a piece of paper towel. Season with salt while still hot.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon zest, and salt. Mix and place in a squeeze bottle. Feel free to serve the may in a bowl for dipping too!
- Serve to your guests while still hot! Enjoy!