Anything lobster is usually pretty damn good, and these tacos are no exception. The smokiness from the chipotle, paired with the sweetness from the pineapple and lobster, make this a great summer dish. I would put this in the crowd pleaser category. Enjoy outside with a couple cold crisp beers or a nice Nova Scotian white wine.
Lobster Taco with pineapple pico de gallo and chipotle crema.Print Recipe
- 2 market size lobster. Cooked, shelled, and meat chopped into bite sized chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 ml full fat sour cream
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Finely chopped. Will form a paste.
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 diced shallot or small red onion
- Juice of one lime
- ¼ cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 finely diced tomato
- ½ a diced red onion
- ½ a seeded jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Take chopped lobster meal and toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt in medium sized bowl.
- In a second medium bowl, mix together sour cream, chipotle peppers, chopped basil, scallions, garlic, shallot, and lime juice. Mix together to incorporate all ingredients.
- In a third bowl, add together dice pineapple, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, basil, and lime juice. Mix together with a spoon.
- To take the tortillas to the next level, turn bbq on high and place the tortillas flat on the hottest part of the grill. Keep a close eye on them as they burn fast, but you want to have some charred marks. Take everything to the next level.
- Assemble the tacos by tossing the lobster in 3 tbs of chipotle crema. Season to taste. Add lobster to tortillas, and top with pineapple pico. Dig in, get messy, and enjoy!