Morning Glory Muffins. Your new morning hack!
These Morning Glory Muffins are about to become one of your favourite new morning hacks. Packed with seeds, vegetables, whole grains, these bad boys pack a serious punch to start your day. Don’t get intimidated by the long list of ingredients. Nothing overly fancy in there and really easy to make. Simply mix wet with wet and dry with dry. Easy Peasy. Enjoy these with a morning coffee! Let’s go!!
Keys to nailing these Morning Glory Muffins
- Use as high quality ingredients as possible.
- Measure out all your ingredients first, then start combining. Makes life and clean up easier.
- Finish your muffins with a sprinkle of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat your over to 425, bake your muffins for 6 minutes, then reduce oven temp to 350 and cook for an additional 19-21 minutes.
- Once you combine the wet and dry ingredients, use a spatula to fold everything together. Make sure there are no clumps of flour but also don’t overmix the batter. Fine balance. You got this.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 425 and prepare muffin tins with liners and cooking spray.
- In one large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spend time here making sure the brown sugar is fully disolved.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold everything together. Make sure to mix thoroughly to avoid any clumps of flour.
- Scoop the batter into each prepared muffin tin. This will make between 12-14 muffins depending on the size of muffin you are looking for.
- Bake at 425 for 6 minutes, and then reduce the temperate to 350 and cook for an additional 19-20 minutes or until you can poke with a toothpick and it come out clean.
- Once baked, remove from oven and let sit in muffin tin for 10 minutes. Boom you are good to go! Enjoy these!
Subscribe to more content like this: