Each holiday season my Nan from Newfoundland would send us a parcel in the mail filled with different squares, cookies, and treats. It was so awesome. There were so many varieties and goodies to choose from. These Five Star Bars were always one of my favourites!
This is a very easy recipe to make. Only 8 ingredients! Condensed milk, coconut, Quaker® Large Flake Oats, graham crackers, vanilla, melted butter, and chocolate. Mix everything together, pop it into a brownie pan, toss in the oven, then allow the warm squares to melt the chocolate. So easy and so incredibly tasty.
Newfoundland five star bar cookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Large Flake Oats
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 large milk chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 pinch Flakey salt to finish
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together condensed milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut, Quaker Large Flake Oats, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Combine both mixtures together in one bowl and then fold into the prepared brownie pan. Using a spatula, press down to make sure the squares are evenly spread out right to the edges
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle on the chopped chocolate bar. Cover with a baking sheet for 5 minutes and then smear the chocolate across the top of the bars. Allow to fully cool and enjoy!!!
I really hope you make these for someone you love this holiday season!