This is the kind of dish you are going to want to share with friends. Roll up your sleeves and get cracking. Sweet, spicy, and delicious. This is easy to make and totally crave-able.
Zingy and delicious. Nova Scotia snow crab with chilli jam.Print Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh Nova Scotia snow crab legs (usually purchased cooked at store)
- 2 long red chillies roughly chopped
- ½ red onion roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch knob of ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¾ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 lemon for finishing
- fresh mint, basil, green onion for garnish
- Place chilli, red onion, garlic, and ginger in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat canola oil and sesame oil in large non stick pan over medium heat
- Add in the chilli mixture and cook, stirring regularly. Let cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, fish sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine it all together. Let it cook for another 3 minutes until all of the sugar has melted. Take off the heat and place in the fridge for one hour to cool.
- When ready to serve, heat large wok over high heat. Add in the crab legs and then the chilli jam. Using a spatula, toss the crab in the jam until totally coated. Garnish with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
(Visited 308 times, 1 visits today)