Quaker Chocolate Haystacks
It’s that time of year again folks, back to school. The lunch box is not going to pack itself, so I am here to help you with at least one super easy, no bake, kid friendly lunch box snack. The Chocolate Haystack using Quaker Canada Oat flour and Quick Oats.
I love these kinds of nostalgic recipes. I remember loving these as a kid and hopefully mine will enjoy it too! We might have a couple picky eaters in the house but I feel good about these!
Great make ahead recipe and the Haystacks stay really well in the freezer. Perfect for a lunch box snack or for a taste of chocolate !
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt + more for sprinkling at the end
- 2-1/2 cups Quaker® Quick Oats
- 1⁄2 cup Quaker® Oat Flour
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, add the butter, milk, cocoa, salt, and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil but be sure to be whisking constantly. Let boil for 2-4 minutes while whisking.
- After 4 minutes, turn off the burner and add in the oats, oat flour, vanilla, chocolate chips and coconut. Immediately fold the mixture together using a spatula. Once everything is totally mixed together, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out haystacks and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment
- Enjoy the chocolaty goodness!
Subscribe to more content like this: