This one is a warm hug for the soul, you’re going to want to make this one folks. Raspberry Rhubarb and Pecan Oatmeal has become a staple breakfast in our house. Easy to prep and toss together, those hectic early mornings are about to become easier. The mix of tart and sweet with toasted nutty flavours is exactly what you need!
Key ingredients for making Raspberry Rhubarb and Pecan Oatmeal
Like the name of this recipes implies, the key ingredients are raspberries, rhubarb, pecans and oatmeal, but it’d good to know a bit about each if you want to make the best version of this recipe.
Rhubarb– One of my favourite seasonal ingredients, super tart and sweet but full of incredible flavour.
Raspberries– If you can find local raspberries thats great, if you cant, frozen will do just fine. They add so much sweetness and great texture to the oat meal.
Pecans– The king of the nut family. There’s something about the flavour that that just goes with anything and everything. Rich and nutty, perfect for toasting and rounding out the finished product.
Key steps for making Raspberry Rhubarb and Pecan Oatmeal.
Making oat meal is pretty simple, but there’s a few extra steps that we do that really make this recipe shine!
Keeping it creamy– We add a dollop of greek yogurt to our oats to add a bit of tang and give it just a bit more body.
Rhubarb loves heat– Rhubarb has an interesting texture. It’s full of small tubes that can be unpleasant if not stewed down properly. When you are making your compote, make sure to taste it to see if the texture is right.
Switching up the flavours
This format of recipe is great for switching it up. Use it as a template for future experiments and use the flavours and ingredients that you love. Here are few other flavours we think you could do!
Apples, blueberries and walnuts
Peaches, strawberries and pistachio
Blackberries, currants and macadamia nuts
Other recipes to check out
If you liked the sound of this recipe, here are a few others we think you should check out!
Raspberry Rhubarb and Pecan OatmealPrint Recipe
- 4 large Rhubarb stocks Chopped
- 1 cup Raspberries Fresh or frozen
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup Water
For the Oats
- 1 cup Old fashioned oats
- 1 tbs Hemp seeds
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
For the Pecans
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Place two cups of water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn temp to low drop in the old fashioned oats. Cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from heat and add in the cinnamon, hemp seeds, and greek yogurt.
- While the oats are cooking place a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and drop in rhubarb, raspberries, honey, and water. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillets place over high heat, drop in pecans for 1 minutes followed by honey and cinnamon. Cook until pecans are slightly toasted.
- Serve oatmeal, compote, and pecans together in a bowl and enjoy!