This herby, zippy, sauce can be put on everything to give it an extra pop. I love having a bottle in the fridge for a fast and easy way to take my roasted vegetables to a new level. The mix of mint, cilantro, citrus, and sesame seeds is a surprising but really approachable flavour I think you will love. I call it a salsa verde or a green sauce, as I don’t know what else to call it. Sesame Cilantro Vinaigrette would be a great name as well!
Salsa Verde (Sesame Cilantro Mint Vinaigrette). A healthy and simple way to make your veggies pop!Print Recipe
- 5 cloves garlic
- 9 capers
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup spinach (for colour)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- In a blender or food processor add the garlic, capers, sesame seeds, lime and lemon juice, cilantro, mint, spinach, salt, and white wine vinegar. Blend on low for 20 seconds and then increase the speed of the blender and slowly stream in the grapeseed oil. Blend until smooth and beautifully green.
- Use this dressing on roasted vegetables, fish, chicken, or pork. It really is delicious on anything, so enjoy!