Sausage & Cheese Gluten Free Oat muffins
Meal prep has become one of my main weekly activities. And making them healthy is my objective! I feel like it has a trickle down effect to so many other things in my life. If I have lots of healthy food prepared it makes packing lunches a breeze and reduces stress in the morning. Also, knowing that I’m providing the whole family healthy fuel, I know we’ll have have tons of energy to get us through our days.
I’ve noticed lately a big difference in the amount of energy I personally have just from paying attention to what we’re eating. I am really going to try to stay focused and continue to come up with more fun energy generating recipes that make meal prep that much easier.
This is one of those recipes. Sausage and cheese gluten free oat muffins. These are really fun and super satisfying. Crumbled sausage and melted cheese? I mean, come on!
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled cooked sausage
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp oat flour (quick oats blended in blender)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- optional additions:
- green onions
- red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add crumbled cooked sausage, shredded cheese, baking powder, salt, pepper, and oat flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and oil.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold mixture together.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan filling each muffin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Use a wooden skewer as a way to test to see if muffin is fully cooked.
Subscribe to more content like this: