Smoky, Garlicy Baba Ghanoush. You are going to want to make this.
Sun was shining today and I just had to get out to the BBQ. I had a couple of beautiful eggplants that were just begging to be used so I knew exactly what we were in for. A full mezze platter with chicken kabobs, tzatziki,crispy lemon potatoes, and smoky & garlicy baba ghanoush. This is one of my favourite flavours in the world. I love the taste of char, and with the addition of garlic and a shot of lemon juice, this just sings. Stores very well in the fridge as well. You should 100% make this.
- 3 purple eggplants
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- splash or two of water if blender needs some help getting started
- Get the BBQ ripping hot; as hot as you can get it! While it's heating up, poke the eggplants with a sharp knife all over. Just little holes to let steam out..otherwise the eggplants blow up.
- Once at temp, drop the eggplants onto the grill and close the lid. The goal here is to REALLY burn the outside skin of the eggplant. Like really push it - you want to see ash if you can. It builds so much flavour! Takes about 20-30 mins to properly char.
- Once charred, remove from grill and place in bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a towel to let cool. Once cooled, scoop the pulp of the eggplant into a blender or food processor. Add in tahini, garlic, lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt and lemon juice as needed. Enjoy!!!
Subscribe to more content like this: