Up your side dish game with this simple salad! Summertime is potluck season and this Watermelon Feta Salad is super easy and sure to make you the star of your next backyard BBQ. Fresh, bright, salty, with incredible texture, this dish is the kind of thing you can eat over and over and not get tired of. The interesting flavour combination makes it feel exotic and different, but it is made up of everyday ingredients that basically everyone loves. A safe bet for a crowd!
I love the contrast in temperatures and textures of this dish. Perfect accompaniment for grilled chicken, pork kabobs, or fish.
You are 100% going to want to make this!
Watermelon Feta SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup chunked feta
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup honey roasted pistashios
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Place the cubed watermelon into a large bowl. Season with olive oil, salt, lime juice, lime zest, and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- If serving in the bowl, add the feta, mint, pistachios, and onions. Toss and you're good to go! If you want to plate the dish, arrange the cubed watermelon on the plate, then crumble the feta, sliced onions, pistachios, mint, and then spoon over liquid from the watermelon bowl. Finish with additional lime zest and black pepper. Serve cold!