We are hiring! Looking for a Digital Content Creator to Join our team!
ECK Media is a fast-growing digital food media that is obsessed with trying to get Canada cooking more at home. We are a very small team that is pushing to make a dent in the Canadian food landscape. Our focus is on creating content for our digital channels as well as world-class content for our brand partners. (Hellmann’s, Quaker, Made with Local, KENT, Highliner, Lincoln, CIBC, ETC)
ECK Media is now searching for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, creative, and personable Digital Content Creator. This individual will be responsible for filming, editing, strategizing, and creating digital content. We are a nimble and fast-moving team so you need to be able to think on your feet and not be scared to fail. Are you obsessed with Social media? Do you have your finger on the pulse of trends in digital? Do you love to eat delicious food? Are you fluent in Instagram, Youtube, and Tiktok? Well, let’s talk!
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- 2+ years experience creating high-quality, engaging video and digital content across multiple platforms (Sample work will be needed. Looking for short & long-form video as well as photography)
- Must live or be willing to move to Halifax Area (Kitchen Studio is in Dartmouth)
- Must have a passion for social media. Deep understanding and creative insight into Instagram (REELS, Video, Stories, Lives), TikTok, Youtube, Blogging.
- Must love editing digital content. You should get fired up about editing videos, making perfect coloring adjustments, and creating beautiful work.
- You should love technology and always keep your eye out for the next tool that would improve your craft.
- Must love food. Don’t need to be a good cook, but you should love eating and get excited about capturing amazing food content.
- You have to enjoy keeping your finger on the pulse of food, culture, and digital media.
- Strong communication skills
- Independently motivated
- Basic Graphic Design Skills considered an asset
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset. We plan on taking this business far and we want someone ready and willing to win.
- Must like and be comfortable around kids. You will be working at times in my home and my kids will be around.
- Bonus points if you have some camera gear. We currently have 2 SONY a6500 Mirrorless cameras, motorized gimbal, motorized slider, 3 Prime Lenses, mics.
- You must have a smartphone with a camera (We will give phone allowance)
- Having your own computer with the ability to edit videos is an asset but not mandatory
People you should know or learn about if you want to work with us.
- Dennis Prescott
- Gabby Dalkin (@whatsgabbycooking)
- Donna Hay
- Kevin Curry (@Fitmencook)
- Jamie Oliver
- Joshua Weissman
- David Chang
- Andy Hay @andyseastcoastkitchen_ (thats me..)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
We take good care of our team members. Salary will be based on experience. $35-$45k range.
- Relaxed and flexible work environment
- Constant food sampling
- Paid time off (2 weeks vacation)
- Healthcare benefits
- Travel opportunities (once the world opens up)
Schedule & Work Environment:
- Flexible work environment. Approximately 30-40 hours per week depending on deadlines
Application emailed to Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serious applicants only, please
- Submit up to date resume with references
- Portfolio of recent work
We are a business that values people and unique perspectives. We are pushing to build a diverse team as we believe diversity is important and the key to creativity. We encourage Black, Indigenous, POC & 2SLGBTQ+ persons to apply
Subscribe to more content like this: