This is a show stopper of a dessert! When I was first getting my start in the food game I would make a ton of these cakes. They are oddly relaxing to make and always get an awesome reaction. This recipe is not overly difficult, but give yourself lots of time and enjoy the process! This is a DOOZY of a cake to make for easter!!
4 layer vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream, with mini eggs. Lets go!!!Print Recipe
- 3 cups AP Flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups room temperature butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 cups mini eggs
- cooking spray
- Let's get started on the cake! First things first spray 2 8 inch round cake pans with cooking spray and get the over pre heated to 350.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and add in salt.
- Using the bowl of the stand mixer if you have one, whisk eggs with sugar until pale yellow and then add in vanilla, vegetable oil, and milk. Mix until smooth and all ingredients look fairly incorporated.
- Place bowl of wet ingredients onto stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment. Turn mixer on low and slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined but do not over mix!!
- Divide cake batter evenly between 2 cake pans. Use a scale if you have one to make it as exact as possible. Place both pans in the over on the same rack for 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Once fully cooked, take out of oven and allow to fully cool or it will melt the ice cream.
- Now let's get rolling on the icing. Using a stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment add the room temp butter and pinch of salt to the bowl and turn on mixer to medium. You want the butter to get creamy. Once butter is smooth and creamy start adding in powdered sugar spoonful by spoonful. Don't rush this process.
- Once all of the powdered sugar is added into the butter, add in 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 4 tbsp of cream. Turn mixer to high for 2-3 mins.
- If you are looking to make a four layer cake, now is the time to cut each cake in half horizontally. Add a layer of icing between each layer of cake including the top. Add the mini eggs on top in any design that you would like!