How about a recipe for our gluten-free friends? This Carrot Cake Loaf is really awesome. Super moist for an almond flour recipe. I am really impressed with how this turned out and how delicious the loaf is. Our family polished it off in a day. Interpret that as you will!
Easy to make and the results are really awesome. I use a few specialty “healthy” ingredients that would be available at any grocery store. You should be safe to make substitutes, but just use your own judgement and adjust moisture levels as needed. Trust your gut!
Gluten-free Carrot Cake Loaf.Print Recipe
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut sugar (brown sugar can work too)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (any neutral flavoured oil will do the trick)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1⅔ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 8oz block of room temperature cream cheese
- 3½ tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DECORATING
- Toasted pecans
- Edible Flowers
- Orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, spices, salt, baking powder, and grated carrots. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 38-40 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and let fully cool.
- While the loaf is baking, make the icing. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. I use a hand mixer here to get the icing nice and light. Feel free to use a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer.
- Once the loaf is fully cooled, smear icing over the top of the loaf. Don't rush this as the icing will melt if the loaf is still warm.
- If ya want to be fancy, sprinkle on toasted pecans, flowers, and orange zest.
- Enjoy the loaf with a cup of tea and a Joel Plaskett record.
Tips for nailing this Carrot Cake Loaf
- Aggressively whisk together the eggs and the coconut sugar until smooth.
- If you don’t have coconut sugar, swap for brown sugar
- Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature
- Let the loaf fully cool before icing the loaf. Icing will melt if the loaf is still warm