I love this recipe! It’s spicy, sweet, funky, and incredibly satisfying. Out of all the recipes I make at home, this Haddock Green Curry is my wife’s #1 request once the weather turns a bit cooler!
Feel free to make this recipe yours by adding different vegetables or even switching up the protein. I find green curry pairs so well with a flaky white fish, but if you aren’t a seafood person no sweat! Choose your own adventure!
Let’s Breakdown the Ingredients!
This recipe is really made to your liking and what you have at hand recipe. It is an easy dinner idea to help you use the ingredients in your fridge before they go bad!
Two ingredients that are curial for this recipe, though are green curry paste and high-fat, high-quality coconut milk.
Green curry paste is a traditional Thai recipe that primarily uses green chillies when making curry paste. Of course, you can find green curry paste at your local grocery store, and it is essential to the recipe to add a ton of great flavours to this simple dish.
High-fat, high-quality coconut milk is also extremely important to this recipe as it adds a rich, creamy texture and flavour to the curry.
Tips For Nailing This Recipe!
Here are a few tips to help make this a quick and easy dinner idea!
- Grab high-fat, high-quality coconut milk
- Get all your ingredients prepped and right in front of you. It will make the process much easier as the dish comes together very quickly!
- Find a green curry paste that you enjoy. I generally use the Thai Kitchen green curry paste as it is widely available. I have tried many in the past and I liked using this one if I am making for a crowd as it isn’t that spicy.
- If serving with rice, be sure to use jasmine rice!
Haddock Green CurryPrint Recipe
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can High quality coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced and microwaved for 4 minutes
- 1/2 cup red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed
- 1 thai chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh Haddock Fillet
- 1/2 cup cilantro, or other preferred herb.
- Place a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Once pan is at temperature, add in garlic, and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Scoop in the green curry paste and let it "wake up" with the garlic and ginger. Let paste saute for 1 minute before pouring in coconut milk. Stir with spoon to incorporate all ingredients.
- Next up, add in the sweat potato and red peppers. Bring mixture to a simmer and then lay in the fish. Allow the fish to cook into you can easily flake with a fork. About 5 minutes.
- Once fish is cooked through, turn off heat and season your curry with soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice.
- Spoon curry into a bowl and garnish with crush cashews, chilli pepper, and herbs. Enjoy!