I love this recipe. Spicy, sweet, funky, and incredibly satisfying. Of all the recipes I make, this Haddock Green Curry is my Wife’s #1 request once the weather turns a bit cooler.
Feel free to make this recipe yours by adding in different vegetables or even switching up the protein. I find the green curry pairs so well with a flaky white fish, but if you aren’t a seafood person no sweat! Choose your own adventure.
Tips for nailing this Seafood Green Curry
Here are a couple tips for really nailing this dish.
- Grab high fat, high quality coconut milk
- Get all your ingredients prepped and right in front of you. It will make the process much easier as the dish comes together very quickly!
- Find a green curry paste that you enjoy. I generally use the Thai Kitchen brand green curry paste as it is widely available. I have tried many and I like using this one if I am making for a crowd as it isn’t that spicy.
- If serving with rice, be sure to use Jasmine rice.
Haddock Green CurryPrint Recipe
- 3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can High quality coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced and microwaved for 4 minutes
- 1/2 cup red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed
- 1 thai chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh Haddock Fillet
- 1/2 cup cilantro, or other preferred herb.
- Place a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Once pan is at temperature, add in garlic, and ginger. Saute for 1 minute.
- Scoop in the green curry paste and let it "wake up" with the garlic and ginger. Let paste saute for 1 minute before pouring in coconut milk. Stir with spoon to incorporate all ingredients.
- Next up, add in the sweat potato and red peppers. Bring mixture to a simmer and then lay in the fish. Allow the fish to cook into you can easily flake with a fork. About 5 minutes.
- Once fish is cooked through, turn off heat and season your curry with soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice.
- Spoon curry into a bowl and garnish with crush cashews, chilli pepper, and herbs. Enjoy!