I have been laser-focused on creating interesting and delicious meal prep ideas for my family, and for all of you of course! This couscous salad is a real winner in my books. It’s really simple to make and packs a TON of flavor. Perfect for lunches or dinner and keeps in the fridge really, really well. It’s a great thing to make in advance and enjoy all week.
Moroccan Inspired Couscous Salad. Crave-able salad that is a perfect meal prep friend.Print Recipe
- 1¼ cups couscous
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped dates or raisins
- ¾ cup diced cucumber
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place measured couscous in a medium-sized pot that has a lid. In a kettle, or in another pot, bring water to a boil. Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over the couscous. Place lid on the pot and let rest for around 10 minutes. After 10 mins, remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Once couscous is soft, add in all the other ingredients and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- This will stay in the fridge for 7 days and is great for meal prep. Enjoy!