This no knead market style bread uses only four ingredients and is beyond simple to make. You can do this! There are few things better in life than freshly made bread. This recipe is sure to become a staple in your home. You are going to feel like a rockstar making this!
No knead bread refers to the fact that you do not need to knead the bread to create the gluten networks like normal bread. This recipe simply requires you to mix all ingredients together and just let them sit in a bowl from anywhere from 3 to 8 hours. While the mixture is sitting the yeast slowly comes to life and begins to rise. There is a slow fermentation here which adds to the flavour of this bread.
Lets breakdown the ingredients
There are only four ingredients needed for this no knead market style bread;
Flour – All Purpose flour works great for this recipe
Active dry yeast – A little goes a long way. Make sure your yeast is not expired.
Salt – Don’t forget this or your bread doesn’t taste like much.
Hot water – You want hot tap water around 110F.
Process for making this no knead bread.
Step one: Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. You can use your hands or a wooden spoon. Make sure the mixture is fully incorporated. The dough will be sticky!
Step two: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 3-8 hours. You can even let it sit longer if that fit your schedule! The mixture should double in size and have bubble forming on the top.
Step three: Once bread has rested, place a dutch oven into an oven preheated to 450F. Let the dutch oven preheat for around 30 minutes.
Step four: While dutch oven is preheating, flour your work surface and your hands and remove the dough from the bowl. Fold the dough over itself 4 times and then form into a ball. Place a piece of parchment paper into a large bowl and drop the dough into the parchment lined bowl. Let dough rest until dutch oven is hot.
Step 5 – Place parchment paper and dough into a hot dutch oven and then cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
Step 6- After 30 minutes, remove the top of the dutch oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
What if I don’t have a dutch oven?
If you don’t have a dutch oven you can place a pan of water in the bottom of your oven to create a steamy environment. Then bake your bread in a cast iron pan or ceramic heat proof dish. After 30 minutes, remove the water bath and let the bread continue to cook until golden brown.
No Knead Market Style BreadPrint Recipe
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Tap water (around 110F)
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, yeast. Pour in hot water and throughly mix using your hands or a wooden spoon. Dough should sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 3-8 hours. You want the mixture to double in size and start to have small bubbles on the top. You can let this sit on the counter for up to 18 hours.
- Once you are ready to start baking, place a dutch oven in an oven preheated to 450F. Let the dutch oven pre heat for 30-40 minutes. While the oven is heating, flour a flat surface and your hands and then remove the dough from the bowl. Fold the dough over itself 4 times and then form into a ball. Place a piece of parchment paper into your bowl and then gently drop in the dough ball. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Once your dutch oven is screaming hot, CAREFULLY remove from the oven, remove the lid and drop the parchment paper and dough ball into the dutch oven. Using a sharpe knife, slice the top of the dough to allow steam to release. Place cover back onto dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking, remove top of the dutch oven and allow bread to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the loaf is a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and enjoy!!! Well done!!