Eggs can be enjoyed a thousand ways to Sunday. Here at the ECK we like a good soft scramble with a little chilli oil or chive. Toast up some thick cut sourdough, now that makes for a handsome breakfast.
The soft scramble of your dreams.Print Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tbsp sour cream or creme fraiche
- Kosher salt
- Chives (optional)
- Chilli oil (optional)
- Crack three eggs into a small cold pot or pan. Turn the heat on medium-low (closer to low) and slowly start breaking the eggs up with a rubber spatula.
- Rock back and forth, taking the pan off the heat. Constantly stir up the eggs. Once the mixture starts to thicken (after about 2-3min) throw in a knob of butter and stir, off heat, until fully combined.
- Next, add in a tablespoon of either sour cream or creme fraiche and a pinch of salt off heat and gently mix until fully combined.
- Chop your chives as thin as possible and garnish once on the plate.
- The eggs should be creamy, soft and velvety. Take the eggs off the heat before you think you should. The eggs will continue to cook when they are on the plate.