If you are looking for a fast, satisfying, crowd pleasing recipe, look no further than these Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Pitas. Juicy, creamy, crunchy, it checks a lot of boxes and one of my families go to bbq recipes.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients!
For this recipe I worked with Compliments to come up with a fresh, delicious, easy to put together meal. I visited Sobeys and grabbed a number of great ingredients by Compliments.
Firstly the base. I used greek style pitas for this wrap as they are a bit thicker and “breadier” than the traditional pitas. From there a smeared on store bought tzatziki, and topped with red onions, feta, cucumber, arugula and cherry tomatoes.
The secret for this recipe, if there is one, is in the chicken. Marinated in lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. We then thread the chicken onto a skewer and bbq until perfectly cooked!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken SkewersPrint Recipe
- 8 Bonesless, skinless Chicken Thighs cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
Rest of ingredients
- 4 greek pitas
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki store bought it fine
- 3/4 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Slice chicken thighs into bite sized chunks. Place them in a bowl and season with lemon zest, lemon juice, parsely, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. If you want to go the extra mile, let the chicken marinate in fridge for 1 hour to overnight. This isn't required though!
- Thread chicken onto metal or wooden skewers. Drizzel preppared chicken skewers with olive oil and a good pinch of salt. Time to prehead that BBQ to high.
- While bbq is heating up, get all of your ingredients ready and infront of you. This is a great dish to have your guests assemble them selves. Place all of the toppings in small bowls and pop them on the table.
- When BBQ has reached temp, place the chicken skewers on grill and allow to cook for about 5 minutes per side. You want to see some nice charring. After cooked through, remove from grill and place on a clean tray. Drizzle with more olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Next, drop the pitas onto the hot grill for 30 seconds per side. This is a difference maker!
- Build your wrap and enjoy!