When it comes to prepping for a weekend party, you’re not going to find a simpler and more crowd pleasing recipe. These Oven Baked Crispy Potatoes have it all; salty, fatty with crispy edges. This is going to be a huge hit at the next family gathering. Lets get into how to crush this one!
The crunch is key.
When your prepping these Oven Baked Crispy Potatoes, there’s a few things you have to nail to make sure you get the mouthwatering crunch. Follow along and you wont stop making this!
- Keep your skins on- We want to make sure you’re using potatoes that have no exposed centres. When you boil them you want as little water to be absorbed into the potato. When a potato is boiled in water it can soak up a ton of water, making it very soft, bland and sad.
- Make sure the water is salted- We want to make we season at all the important steps of cooking
- Make sure your potatoes are properly cooked… but not too cooked- When your boiling your potatoes don’t allow them to over cook and start falling apart.
- The perfect amount of pressure- When you crush your boiled potatoes, apply enough pressure to flatten but don’t flatten to the point of a potato chip. About 1/8th of an inch thick. Here’s a good example of a spatula to use!
The dips important too!
Here’s a few other recipes from our blog that we think go smashingly well with these Oven Baked Crispy Potatoes.
Oven Baked Crispy PotatoesPrint Recipe
- 4 cups Mini golden potatoes
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Finely grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh herbs Parsley, chives, whatever you have
- Preheat oven to 500F
- In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender. About 15-20 mins.
- Once boiled, remove from water and place on a large baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Using the back of a spatula, or flat bottomed glass, squish the potatoes to about 1/8th of an inch.
- Place in heated oven and bake for 10 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with finely grated parmesan and chopped herbs.