We might have the recipe if you want to start your morning off right. Packed with everything you need to have the best day of your life. These Breakfast Bites are fun, easy and crazy customizable. From oven to belly into time flat, your new favourite breakfast is finally here!
Key ingredients for these Breakfast Bites.
The best breakfast is always a simple breakfast. With only a few ingredients, these BReakfast Bites come together quickly and satisfy every time. Here’s a breakdown of what we used!
Potatoe: We used a little gem potato, those little guys you see in the grocery store.
Cheese: Your favourite cheese can be inserted here. We used a mild cheddar, but use what you like or have in your fridge.
Bacon- A bit of salt and fat will always make breakfast better!
Tips on nailing these Breakfast Bites.
Quick and easy, but with a few key steps!
Prep what you need first: Make sure your bacon and potatoes are cooked and set aside. This will make your assembly much more manageable, quicker and cleaner!
Boiled to perfection: The last thing we want is an undercooked potato messing up our texture. When you cook your potatoes, start in cold water and bring the temperature up slowly. Check often and give it a smash test. You’re ready to go if the potato smashes easily with a creamy center!
Let them cool- You’ll want to resist the urge to pop them from the pan as they come out of the oven. As they cool, the egg and potato will release from the sides of the moulds, making it easier to remove and have them come out looking cleaner.
Use what you have and what you like!
The best thing about this recipe is how easy it is to customize and make your own. Think of other dishes you like and apply those flavours to this recipe.
A cheddar, bacon and broccoli bite sounds incredible, or maybe you want to go with a spicy chorizo and feta. The world is your oyster; get out there and find what inspires you!
Other recipes you should check out!
If you like the sound of these, here are a few others we think are worth taking a look at.
Breakfast BitesPrint Recipe
- 12 Medium Mini potatoes Boiled
- 10 Large Eggs Whisked together
- 5 Large Bacon strips Fried and chopped
- 1/4 cup Green onion Sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drop 1 mini boiled potato into each muffin cup and crush with the bottom of a cup.
- Add salt and pepper to eggs and then pour egg mixture over the crushed potatoes filling the muffin cups about ½ way up.
- Add in bacon, green onion, and top with cheese.
- Place muffin tin into oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to fully cook before trying to remove from muffin tin. I like to let the tray rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.