When it comes to salads, this one is just plain fun. This Carbonara Pasta Salad is packed with all the great ingredients of a carbonara, just in a slightly cleaner form. If you have an Italian grandma, we might want to keep this one between us. Let’s get cooking!
Carbonara Pasta Salad- Boiling pasta.
There has always been a huge debate on what the proper way to cook pasta is. For me, all that matters is that it tastes great.
You might see the term “al dente” in recipes; that translates to “to the tooth,” which is referring to the tenderness and cook of the pasta.
Many believe that all pasta should be al dente, as it allows for a firmer mouthfeel and chew.
Some people like cooking their pasta a bit longer, making it soft and less chewy.
I think you should cook it however you want. As long as you’re enjoying the meal you made, I’m happy!
(Just make sure to properly season your water!)
A really simple dressing, for a really simple salad.
This recipe is all about keeping things simple, and the dressing is just that: simple.
All you need to make this great dressing is:
Red Wine Vinegar
Pinch of salt
Take all of those kitchen staples and give them a mix. Keep it stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Pasta, Pasta, Pasta.
ties) for two reasons:
- The smaller shapes allow for easier eating when it comes to adding them to a salad.
- My kids think they’re really cute.
For your salad, you can use whatever pasta shape you’d like. I think keeping them small and staying away from long noodles might be best, but who knows, maybe you’ll find the perfect noodle for you!
Other recipes to check out like this Carbonara Pasta Salad!
If you liked the sound of this Carbonara Pasta Salad, here are a few other recipes to check out!
Carbonara Pasta SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 large Romaine heads Chopped
- 3 cups Bow Tie Pasta Use any short shape pasta you'd like
- 1/2 cup Parmigiana Reggiano Diced small
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 6 Strips Bacon Cooked and chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/4 + 1 cup + tbs Olive oil
- 1 large Lemon Juiced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiana Reggiano Finely grated
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic clove Grated
- 1 tbs Red wine vinegar
- 1 good Pinch of Kosher Salt
- In a bowl or mason jar, mix together ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, ¼ cup of grated Parmesan, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 grated garlic clove, 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar, and a good pinch of salt. Give that a good mix and set it in the fridge for up to a week.
- Into a heavily seasoned pot of water, cook off your pasta to whatever doneness you’d like. Give it a taste to see if it’s done. Remove from water and let it cool.
- Into a big mixing bowl, add 2 chopped romaine heads, 3 cups of cooked pasta, ½ of diced Parmesan, 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, 6 strips of cooked bacon, and 1 boiled egg, finely grated.
- Add in your dressing and give it a good mix. Serve with more Parmesan and freshly cracked black pepper.