This Club Sandwich Salad is for the people! Packed with crunchy romaine, perfectly cooked chicken, crispy bacon, and so much more. The best part about this quick and easy salad is the creamy but light ranch dressing, perfect on any salad or side for dipping! Your favourite sandwich just got a makeover!
Club Sandwich Salad- Crispy bacon every time.
No one wants a soggy strip of bacon or a slice that’s way overcooked. The best way to make sure you have the perfect bacon-bit is to cook it low and slow.
Bacon has a ton of moisture in it, so when you’re cooking it, you want to get out as much of the water content as possible.
Give your bacon a quick chop (it’s going to shrink up quite a lot as it cooks). Set your pan to medium-low. Once heated, add in your chopped bacon and just let it do its thing. It might take a bit longer, but what you’re going to get is a bacon-bit that stays crispy.
Ranch – The perfect dressing.
This is a super simple dressing, tastes great, and can be enjoyed with a ton of other dishes.
Perfect with wings, as a dip for veggies, or tossed on any of your other favorite salads!
The recipe is super easy:
Light sour cream
Mix all of those together and keep it stored airtight in the fridge for up to a week.
Croutons are always better homemade.
If you’re like me, you grew up eating croutons by the handful. They add a great little crunch that most salads really need.
Making them at home is just as easy as buying them from the store.
Grab a few slices of any fresh or stale bread. With a knife, chop your bread slices into cubes, or tear them up by hand. Pop that into a bowl and add a liberal amount of olive oil. We don’t want them to be soaking wet, but we do want an even coverage to allow as much tasting as possible.
Season with some salt and pepper, and we’re almost there!
Pop those into an oven set to 375°F and watch as your stale bread becomes the crispiest, crunchiest crouton you’ve ever had!
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of this Club Sandwich Salad, here are a few other salad recipes you should check out!
Club Sandwich SaladPrint Recipe
- 6 cups Romain Lettuce Chopped
- 2 large Chicken Thighs Cooked and diced
- 4 Bacon Slices Cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 cup Aged White Cheddar Cubbed
- 1 Bread Slice Cubbed and toasted
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 tbs Mayo
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 tbs Green Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 crack Black Pepper
- In a bowl, combine ⅓ cup of light sour cream, 1 tbsp mayo, the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp of sliced green onion, a pinch of salt, and a good crack of black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook off about 1 chicken breast or about 2 chicken thighs. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and dice. Cook off about 4 slices of bacon; once cooked, remove from the pan and give a good chop. Set aside with the chicken.
- Cube up 1 slice of bread, toss it in oil and season with salt and pepper, and toast it in the oven until golden brown.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add in 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce, your chicken, bacon, 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 diced avocado, your freshly made croutons, and about 1 cup of cubed white cheddar. Add your ranch dressing and give it a good mix.