These coconut shrimp are perfect for happy hour, as a salad topper, or as a quick weeknight meal! Crispy, crunchy, and super satisfying. They cook in under 10 minutes and use no more than a tbs of oil when cooking using the Cosori air fryer. Using 95% less oil than traditional deep frying, the Cosori Air fryer is a much more health-conscious way to get your crunch on!
Let’s Breakdown The Ingredients
This recipe is extremely delicious and only takes a handful of ingredients to make these delightful coconut shrimps!
For this recipe, I used large, de-shelled and de-vined shrimps. Shrimp is high in protein, and since the shrimp is the star of this recipe, its large size helps the dish stand out on its own!
When coating the shrimps, I used rice flour since it gives fried dishes such as this one to have a deliciously crispy crunch!
I used coconut milk and unsweetened shredded coconut to get that amazing flavour and texture this recipe has! The coconut milk is thick and creamy, adding a great sweet and savoury taste to its dishes. Shredded coconut is a great way to add texture and fibre to any meal.
There isn’t much seasoning for this recipe, but I added salt to help enhance the delicious flavours of the dish.
Coconut shrimp is the perfect dish to be served as finger food or a fun way to top any pasta, salad, rice, or any other dishes to your liking!
Coconut ShrimpPrint Recipe
- 20 Large Shrimp, de-shelled and deveined
- 2/3 cups Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can Full fat Coconut Milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Olive oil spray
- Grab 3 bowls and pour rice flour, salt, and pepper into the first bowl, coconut milk, and egg into the second, and shredded coconut, and panko into the third.
- Next, we will dredge each shrimp in the rice flour, followed by the coconut milk, and finally the shredded coconut and panko. Be sure to shake off the excess at each step. Place the dredged coconut on a wire rack.
- Preheat your Air fryer to 400F and spay the shrimp with olive oil.
- Add 1 tbs of oil to your air fryer and cook for 7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and enjoy!