This high-protein Cottage Cheese Taco Dip is going to blow your mind. Three super simple ingredients come together to make a crazily satisfying dip that you’ll be able to enjoy in so many different ways. Grab a few extra ingredients and dress it up your way!
Cottage Cheese Taco Dip – The key ingredient.
I feel like cottage cheese always gets a bad rap. From a quick glance, I get it; it’s white, kind of lumpy, and doesn’t have a ton of flavour. However, when used properly, you can have an ultra-creamy dip that has the ability to take on so many flavours. It’s like the chameleon of the dip world.
Besides its incredible ability to take on flavours, it’s also packed with protein (about 25g per cup!). So when you think about it, cottage cheese might be your new best friend!
Cottage Cheese Taco Dip- Blend it right.
This is a super easy recipe; it has 3 main ingredients and then whatever you want to put on it. But there is one step you’ll want to do right.
We use a proper food processor, one that is going to make sure all of those little lumps are fully incorporated into the dip. You could use a hand-held blender, but it might not get the consistency just right.
If you have a smaller food processor, I would recommend blending it in stages, just in case!
Add what you want, make it yours!
This recipe is a true blank slate. There is so much you can do with it.
It’s perfect for filling sweet peppers, topping with shredded cheddar cheese, fresh avocado, jalapeno, and a good dab of your favourite hot sauce.
Or if you’re going for something a little easier and crowd-pleasing, you can serve it along with your favourite raw veggies and chips to upgrade your crudité game!
Other great recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of this Cottage Cheese Taco Dip, here a few party ready recipes I think you should check out!
Cottage Cheese Taco DipPrint Recipe
- 1 500ml Cottage Cheese
- 1 pack Taco Seasoning
- 1 small Jar Picked Chillies
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 Jalapeno Thinly Sliced
- Hot Sauce
- Into the bowl of a food processor, add 1 500ml tub of cottage cheese and 1 pack of taco seasoning. Blitz on high until the cottage cheese is nice and creamy, and the taco seasoning is fully incorporated.
- Remove from the food processor and place in a large mixing bowl. Add in 1 small can of chopped picked chillies and mix well.
- Serve in a bowl along with fresh veggies and crackers, or stuff your dip into halved sweet peppers with lots of shredded cheese, fresh avocado, jalapeno and hot sauce.