It’s no secret that I am a massive burger fan. If I could, I’d legit eat a burger every day. These Lemongrass Ginger Turkey Burgers really scratch that burger itch.
This burger is bright, flavourful, and so incredibly satisfying. You should absolutely give this recipe a try, I think you’re going to love these!
Let’s Breakdown the Ingredients!
This burger is filled with tons of flavours from top to bottom! From the patty, the dressing, and the toppings, you will be asking for more!
Ground turkey, lemongrass and ginger are the main ingredients in this burger. As opposed to original burgers made with beef, this recipe uses ground turkey, which nutrition-wise is not all that different from beef, but it is slightly a healthier option.
The ingredient, lemongrass, does not overpower a meal with its light citrus, lemon and a hint of mint flavours. Ginger adds a slightly peppery sweetness to the burger that gives a bit of warmness to every bite.
The dressing for this burger is a simple hoisin lime mayo. Mayo is a great condiment with a slightly tangy flavour, but adding hoisin sauce and the lime zest really brings out a beautiful flavour. The hoisin sauce will add a salty and slightly sweet flavour to the neutral flavour of the mayo. The zest of lime helps enhance the citrus flavour of the burger.
In this burger, I topped it with pickled cucumbers and pickled carrots from my Quick Pickles recipe! But you can top it with your favourite burger toppings.
Lemongrass Ginger Turkey Burgers with Lime Hoisin MayoPrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, minced (or 2 tbs lemongrass paste)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 zest of lime
- 1½ tsp salt
HOISIN LIME MAYO
- ¾ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 zest of lime
REST OF INGREDIENTS
- 4 sesame seed burger buns
- pickled cucumbers (see below for recipe link)
- pickled carrots (see below for recipe link)
- fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp canola oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together ground turkey, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cilantro, green onions, lime zest, and salt. Mix thoroughly and then form into 4 burger patties.
- Heat up a non stick pan over medium high heat. Add in 1 tbs of canola oil and once temperature has been reached, gently lay burgers onto pan and cook for around 4 minutes per side. Once cooked through, remove from pan.
- While the burgers are cooking, let's make the hoisin lime mayo. Grab a small bowl and mix the mayo, hoisin, lime zest, and salt together.
- Using the same pan, pour 1 tbs of oil and toast both sides of the bun.
- Now let's build ourselves some burgers! Smear the bun with hoisin mayo, add on the patty, plop on the pickled carrots, pickled cucumbers, and fresh cilantro. Boom! Done. Enjoy this one!