I am a huge muffin fan, and this Morning Glory Muffin recipe is my absolute favourite! It’s packed with tons of ingredients you will feel good about eating. These Muffins will help kick start your day and fuel through the mornings. There is nothing better than to start your day with an energy-filled muffin and coffee.
Morning Glory muffins are one of my go to orders when I am at a cafe. An amazing mixture of spice, citrus, seeds, and chewy cranberries. Made with whole wheat flour, flax seeds, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds, you are getting a great nutritional bang for your buck as well! Win Win!
Let’s Breakdown the Ingredients!
This recipe is filled with fresh and dried ingredients that share a nutritious value to start off your day and keep your energy going while getting the nutrients you need.
- Whole wheat flour
- Orange Juice
- Grated carrots
- Grated Apples
- Pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- Flax seeds
- Baking powder
. Tips for Nailing This Recipe
- Make it your own! It is a fantastic recipe that you can be flexible and take in multiple directions. Feel free to make it delicious by using the seeds, nuts and dried fruits that you like and have available.
- Bake the muffins for 6 minutes at 425F and then lower the heat. I learned this from my favourite food baking blog, Sallys Baking Addiction. She is a G and her recipes are incredible.
- The Trudeau Silicone Muffin Pan makes baking these muffins easier, especially when demolding them!
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
Other muffin recipes you should try
Morning Glory MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apple
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds + more to sprinkle on top
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds + more to sprinkle on top
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 425 and prepare muffin tins with liners and cooking spray.
- In one large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spend time here making sure the brown sugar is fully disolved.
- Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold everything together. Make sure to mix thoroughly to avoid any clumps of flour.
- Scoop the batter into each prepared muffin tin. This will make between 12-14 muffins depending on the size of muffin you are looking for.
- Bake 6 minutes, and then reduce the temp to 350 and bake for an additional 17-19 minutes. Remove from oven when you can poke with a toothpick and it come out clean.
- Once baked, remove from oven and let sit in muffin tin for 10 minutes. Boom you are good to go! Enjoy these!
Keys to nailing these Morning Glory Muffins
- Use as high quality ingredients as possible.
- Measure out all your ingredients first, then start combining. Makes life and clean up easier.
- Finish your muffins with a sprinkle of pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat your over to 425, bake your muffins for 6 minutes, then reduce oven temp to 350 and cook for an additional 19-21 minutes.
- Once you combine the wet and dry ingredients, use a spatula to fold everything together. Make sure there are no clumps of flour but also don’t overmix the batter. Fine balance. You got this.