We are in the heart of peach season and this peach, burrata, basil, and prosciutto salad is a must make over the next month. The balance of flavours and textures makes this dish a lovely salad to make for hosting, and could not be easier to make!
Cooking with Prosciutto di Parma.
If you want to ensure the best quality and flavour of prosciutto I highly recommend looking for the Prosciutto di Parma brand. The flavours are outstanding. Fresh, clean, and perfect every time. The ham is cured in Italy and the quality and flavour is the best I have ever tasted.
Assembling the salad.
What I love about this salad is it is so easy to toss together. I like serving this to guests and assembling right in front of them. You can have all elements prepared in advance and then once it is time to serve quickly toss everything together and top with the dress.
Let’s talk dressing.
This dressing is my go to house dressing. Very easy to make and has a huge amount of flavour. It pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the peaches and the butteryness of the prosciutto. A wonderful symphony of flavours.
Making it is easy and it’s all about balancing the flavours together. Into a mason jar toss together apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper, mustard, garlic, oregano, maple syrup, and olive oil. Give that a shake and its good to stay in the fridge for two weeks.
Peach, Burrata, Basil, and Prosciutto SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 ripe Peaches Sliced
- 1 large Ball of burrata Torn
- 1 cup Fresh basil Torn
- 8-10 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tsp Crushed black pepper
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large Garlic clove Minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Start with the dressing. Into a mason jar mix together all of the ingredients and shake. Set off to the side.
- Grab a large plate and lay down each of the ingredients. Don’t need to be fancy here. I also highly recommend sneaking a slice of Proscuitto di parma as that is the benefit of being the Chef!
- Top the salad with the dressing and serve!