This peanut butter protein loaf has over 16g of protein per slice! This was one of those happy accident recipes that I am so pleased I stumbled upon. You could slice it, toast it, and have it with jam, use it for a PB&J, or if you wanted to get wild, use it as a base for peanut butter French toast. I am telling you, make this one!
Peanut Butter Protein Loaf- Baking with Protein Powder.
If you’re like me, getting a few extra grams of protein is an important thing. I have a bit of a sweet tooth too, and this Peanut Butter Protein Loaf is perfect for both!
Protein powder is a great additive to any baking recipes, but in small quantities. You wouldn’t want to replace all of the flour with protein powder, as many recipes still depend on the natural gluten found in flour.
This loaf is that perfect balance of dense and rich, while still being light enough to enjoy regularly.
Peanut Butter Protein Loaf- Making it right.
This is a super easy recipe; all you need is two mixing bowls and a few ingredients. The key here is to properly mix your leavening agents (baking powder and baking soda) so that you get a proper rise on your loaf.
There are some pretty heavy ingredients in this recipe that, if not incorporated properly, will turn it from nice and light to heavy and not so nice!
When you mix your dry ingredients, take a few extra seconds and properly mix everything together. It may look like everything is mixed, but there could be pockets of baking soda or powder that won’t be distributed properly.
A little yogurt goes a long way.
Like we said above, there are a few heavy ingredients in this recipe: eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, and yogurt. But can you guess which one actually brightens up the finished loaf?
If you guessed Greek yogurt, you’re right!
Greek yogurt has a ton of beautiful, natural sour acidity that, when added to a ton of baked goods, can brighten the whole thing up. Greek yogurt is also a fantastic source of protein as well!
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of this Peanut Butter Protein Loaf, here are a few other recipes for you to check out!
Peanut Butter Protein LoafPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup AP Flour
- 90g Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 good Pinch of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Melted Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, 90g scoops of protein powder, 3/4 cup peanut butter powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and a good pinch of salt. Give that a good mix to ensure all ingredients are properly combined. Set that aside.
- Next, into a second large mixing bowl, combine 3 eggs, 2 cups of Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of melted peanut butter, and 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Give that all a good mix, ensuring the peanut butter is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add your wet ingredients into your dry and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.