These Smash burger Tacos are the best of both worlds. Quick and easy, family friendly and absolutely packed with flavour. These are definitely going to be heavy in your summer time dinner rotations. Heat up the grill and lets get cooking!
Key ingredients for Smash Burger Tacos
- The ground beef– The beef you use if going to make for break this one. We think a fattier-ground is best as the tortilla is going to soak up all of the flavour. Make sure to season the beef before it goes in the pan.
- The Tortilla – You can use any style of tortilla you want, we used corn tortillas here but flour is going to be just as tasty!
- The Sauce – The sauce we used is just a classic burger sauce recipe, all of the flavours we love made easy. Make this recipe or use a store bought version, either will do!
Tips on nailing these Smash Burger Tacos
- Thin smash – When you press down on your tortillas, make sure you get the beef as thin as possible. This is going to ensure a quick cooking time and will make sure you get those lacy and crispy edges!
- Hot pan – When you put the taco down in the hot non-stick pan, you’ll wan’t to hear the pan sizzle. This is also going to make sure you achieve maximum flavour by ensuing the browning process kicks off right. Dark brown crisp beef tastes good, grey and sad beef…. not so much.
- Fresh toppings– We want fresh and crunchy! Make sure all of your toppings are fresh, bright and ready to go!
Other recipes you’ll love
Here’s a few other recipes we think you should try out!
Smash Burger TacosPrint Recipe
- 6-8 Corn or flour tortillas
- 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper Ground
- 1/2 cup Iceberg lettuce Shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup Tomato Diced
- 1/4 cup Dill pickles Chopped
- 1 tbs Sesame seeds
For the Burger Sauce
- 2 tbs Mayo
- 1 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Smoke paprika
- Lay out tortillas and roll beef into golf ball sized balls. Light dampen your hands with water and flatten the beef onto the tortilla. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium high heat and then place the tortillas beef side down on the pan. Allow that to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip tortillas over and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Allow to cook for an additional 90 seconds or so. I also placed a lid on the pan to help the cheese melt.
- In a small bowl mix together mayo, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika.
- Once cheese is melted top tacos with burger sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and sesame seeds.
(Visited 1,842 times, 63 visits today)