This is a really easy, super fun recipe that I love to make with my little girls. The cookies are really delicious and since the are covered in sprinkles, kids go crazy for them!
This sprinkle cookies are soft, buttery, and a little chewy. These cookies will remind you have a slice of birthday cake, without the effort! Easy to throw together and ready in about 30 minutes! You are going to love these!
How to nail these Sprinkle Cookies
- Measure all the ingredients first. Start there!
- You want to the butter to be soft, but not melted. This will make life a lot easier when mixing the butter and sugar.
- When flattening the cookies prior to baking, I suggest placing a small square of parchment paper between the cookie and the glass to avoid sticking. Also apply steady pressure, don’t squish.
- The cookies spread out quite a bit so you are going to want to space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Let the cookies cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before placing on a cooling rack. Treat this as part of the cooking process. Don’t skip as this will give a crispy bottom and give the cookies time to congeal together.
Great kids recipe!
I made these sprinkle cookies the first time with my two year old daughter. There are very few steps and what kid doesn’t like playing with sprinkles! These could be a great activity for a kids birthday party, an inservice day, or just a rainy weekend!
Vanilla Sprinkle CookiesPrint Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda (just a pinch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBS softened butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBS sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set bowl to the side.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter and sugar. This can be done with a hand mixer, stand mixer, or a wooden spoon and some elbow grease. After butter and sugar are combined, add in egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Next, add half of the dry flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until incorporated. Then add in the second half of the flour mixture and mix together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Place sprinkles in a small mixing bowl.
- Scoop dough out 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time and shape into balls then roll through sprinkles. Transfer to baking sheets spacing 2-inches apart.
- Flatten cookies about halfway using the bottom of a cup or glass. Ensure the cookies have room to spread.
- Bake for 9 minutes. The cookies will look slightly under baked when you remove from oven. Don’t stress!
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.