This frozen tropical snack is sure to cure those late-night sweet tooth cravings. White Chocolate Mango Coconut Bars that are ultra creamy and chocolaty – topped off with lots of fresh toasted coconut shavings and salt. It’s one of my family’s new favourite treats; you’ll want to give this one a try!
This might be my favourite versions.
A few months ago, I did a version of this recipe with fresh strawberries and semi-sweet chocolate.
They turned out really well and are still a super popular blog, but there’s something about this favourite combination that works so much better!
Mango and white chocolate go together so well; both are sweet and light and add a great creamy texture I was missing from the strawberries. The added toasty, nutty element from the coconut just rounded out the flavour and added a bit of crunch.
The best way too keep your bars looking clean and, a proper sheet try and rack is a great start!
Key ingredients for these White Chocolate Mango Coconut Bars.
Greek yogurt- When frozen, it holds its shape and stays firm but creamy. It also adds a bit of tang to the bars!
Frozen Mango- You can use fresh mango if you’d like! The frozen mango keeps the process a bit quicker and might be more readily available.
Toasted coconut- There is a ton of different types of coconut to choose from. I like the larger shavings with the skin on (that little dark edge on each flake). They taste really well and have less of a chewy texture compared to normal coconut shaving.
Nailing these White Chocolate Mango Coconut Bars.
The biggest tip is to make sure you let the bars firm up long enough in the freezer. This does two things:
1) It’s going to allow you to pick up and handle them much easier.
2) When you’re ready to coat them in the chocolate, you’ll get two distinct layers of white chocolate and Greek yogurt and not a mixture of both!
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of these White Chocolate Mango Coconut Bars, here are a few other recipes to check out.
White Chocolate Mango Coconut BarsPrint Recipe
- 2 cups Mango Fresh or frozen.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups White chocolate
- In a bowl mix together chopped mango, greek yogurt, vanilla. Scoop out bite sized balls onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Place baking sheet in freezer for no less then 3 hours.
- In a bowl melt 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate. I did this in the microwave but you can use a double boiler over medium low heat.
- Drop the frozen yogurt bites into the chocolate to coat. Sprinkle with salt and toasted coconut while chocolate is still melted. Allow the chocolate to cool and then enjoy!