I have always wanted to be THE pancake dad. These Weekend Fluffy Pancakes might be the thing that solidifies me in the Pancake Hall of Fame. Super light and fluffy, this recipe is the perfect substitute for any boxed pancake; once you start, you won’t want to stop, trust me!
The key to the perfect pancake!
Like in any baking, the key is taking your time and doing each step right.
This recipe has three major steps:
1) Mix the dry
2) Mix the wet
3) Whip the eggs
And lastly, to combine. You want to make sure each step is done to ensure all of the ingredients are properly distributed, giving you the perfect pancake.
A proper non-stick pan is also going help you get that golden brown crust that we’re looking for, Here is a great example of a non stick pan that I use!
Stiff Peaks = Fluffy Pancakes
The key to this recipe lies in the whipped egg whites. The added air gives them the airy and fluffy texture that we all love.
The key is to know when to stop whipping. Your eggs should have stiff peaks and look almost solid. If you over whip, they’ll turn runny and split.
An electric stand mixer or hand mixer is your best bet!
Add what you love.
Pancakes are such an intimate and personal thing. There are thousands of ways to eat and enjoy. I love a classic butter and maple syrup, and sometimes a few fresh berries tossed in there, too.
This recipe allows you to pick and choose your favourite flavours; make sure not to over-mix once your whipped egg whites are folded in, as you could run the risk of deflating!
Other recipes to check out.
If you liked the sound of these Weekend Fluffy Pancakes, here are a few other recipes to check out!
Weekend Fluffy PancakesPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tbs Suagr
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tbs Vanilla
- 3 tbs Melted butter
- 2 large Eggs The yolks separated from the whites
- Maple syrup and blueberries optional
- Place the egg white in a large bowl or stand mixer. With an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites on high until they form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until fully incorporated.
- Next mix milk, vanilla, melted butter and egg yolk. Combine until fully incorporated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, gently mixing so there's no dry spots. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the whipped egg whites into the batter, making sure not to over mix.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and fry each pancake until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and lots of maple syrup.