When it comes to fast food, the Big Mac has stood the test of time. A classic for a reason. This recipe combines all of the amazing flavours of a Big Mac, but in a salad form! Basically this Big Mac Salad is what is left in your burger box when you are done eating your Big Mac. Incredible satisfying and will definitely keep you full even without the bun.
Big Mac Salad
When I was making this Salad for the first time I couldn’t stop smiling. Sometimes recipes just make me laugh and this is definitely one of them. All of the standard ingredients you love in a Big Mac; ground beef, pickles, iceberg lettuce, onions, special sauce, and sesame seeds.
The special sauce is really what makes the salad in my opinion. This sauce is really easy to make and tastes just like the real stuff. All you need is mayo, ketchup, mustard, red wine vinegar, onion powder, and paprika. Mix everything in a bowl and adjust seasoning to your taste.
Let’s breakdown the ingredients!
Here is what you will need to make this amazing salad
- Ground beef – I always like to use medium ground beef for extra flour. We will season the beef with spices which are listed in the ingredients.
- Iceberg lettuce – Keeping it simple and authentic to the Big Mac. Be sure to slice the iceberg lettuce thin.
- White onions
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Special Sauce – All ingredients are listed above.
Other Fun dishes you might enjoy!
Big Mac SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tbs chopped pickles
- 2 tsp red win vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Place a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Once hot add in the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until beef is totally browned and then remove from heat.
- Now let's tackle the special sauce. In a bowl add the mayo, ketchup, mustard, chopped pickles, red wine vinegar, onion powder, and paprika. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the lettuce, onions, pickles, cheese, sesame seeds, ground beef, and sauce. Using a set of tongs toss salad. Serve immediately! How fun is that???