I love a good cold noodle salad. They are one of my favourite meal prep items to make on a Sunday for lunches throughout the week. Satisfying, flavourful, and packed with lots of crunchy vegetables. Easy to top with crispy tofu, grilled salmon, or chicken. Give this Cashew Ginger Soba Noodle salad a try and I think it will make its way into your weekly rotation as an amazing lunch or dinner option!
What are soba noodles?
Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and wheat flour and have a beautiful brown colour. They have a deeper slightly earth taste. Soba is the Japanese name for buckwheat, with buckwheat noodles being higher in protein and fiber than many other noodles.
Cashew Ginger Soba Noodle SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 bundles Soba Noodles
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1/4 cup cashews, crushed
- 1 Thai chilli (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
Peanut Ginger Sauce
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs water (to loosen sauce)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling drop in soba noodles and boil for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes drain, and run cold water over the noodles to stop the cooking and cool the noodles. Place the noodles in a large bowl and Drizzle & toss with sesame oil to avoid clumping.
- Into a large bowl of noodles mix together cabbage, red pepper, snow peas, cashews, thai chilli, green onions, and cilantro.
- Now time to make the sauce. In small bowl mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Add additional water in mixture seems too thick. Should be runny and the consistency of salad dressing. Pour over needs and toss.
- Serve this dish cold. Perfect for lunch, potlucks, or dinner. Enjoy!
(Visited 16,473 times, 1 visits today)