This Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my family’s favourite weeknight meals. It is super easy to make and only takes 10 minutes of active cooking!
The dish is simply tossing all the ingredients, chicken, veggies, ginger, garlic, onions, and a bit of tikka masala paste into a bowl with salt and some olive oil. And giving it a mix with your hands, toss it into a baking sheet and fire it in a preheated oven.
While it’s cooking, you can make your basmati rice and raita (Indian yogurt condiment) and boom, a tasty dinner is on your table with fairly little effort!
What is Tikka Masala?
Tikka Masala is a very famous Indian dish that has become a national dish in the United Kingdom. It’s a butter chicken derivative with the same creamy, deep flavours that are oh-so-crave-able!
The Tikka Masala paste is available in local Indian grocers and major grocery stores around the world. The paste is made from garlic, onion, tomato and spices. Even if you are not a fan of spicy food, there is no need to worry; this dish is not a spicy one!
Let’s Breakdown the Ingredients!
The Tikka Masala packs this dish with deep flavours, but the protein, vegetables, and herbs used bring together the entire dish!
The Tikka Masala paste adds flavours of garlic, onion, tomato, and other spices to flavour the dish. Ginger adds a warm, peppery flavour to the meat and vegetables in the recipe. When cooked, the fresh garlic adds a nutty flavour to the dish, and cilantro adds a peppery citrus flavour.
Chicken thighs are often the juiciest cut of the meat because it contains more fat than white meat, and it is also a great way to add lean protein to your diet.
This recipe also has vegetables that add extra flavour and nutrients to the meal. The red onions add a spicy-to-mild taste to the dish. Meanwhile, potatoes are rich in fibre, and cauliflower is naturally high in fibre and vitamin B and provides antioxidants.
Other recipe to check out!
If you like the sound of this Chicken Tikka Masala sheet pan dinner, here are a few other recipes for you to check out.
Chicken Tikka Masla Sheet Pan DinnerPrint Recipe
- 6 Bone in skin on chicken thighs any part of chicken will work
- 1 Red onion, roughtly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs cilantro stems, minced optional
- 1 large Potato, cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tikka Masala paste
- 2 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup yogurt
- Pre heat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chicken, tikka masala paste, potatoes, cauliflower, ginger, garlic, onions, cilantro stems, salt, and olive oil to a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands and then pour onto a baking sheet. Spread everything out as much as possible and place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove from oven, top with fresh cilantro, and serve with basmati rice. Enjoy!