This one is super fun, folks. This Sheet Pan Quesadilla screams fun family dinner or even a party buffet. I know teenage Andy would have loved it and probably eaten half of the tray. If you finish this with a dollop of sour cream, salsa and your favourite hot sauce, I promise you won’t want to make anything else!
Key ingredients for this Sheet Pan Quesadilla
The shell: For a recipe this size, you really want to make sure you have a tight shell. I used the largest size flour tortillas I could find. You could use a smaller tortilla if you were doing a smaller tray. You want to ensure that spicy, creamy goodness stays in while baking!
The rice: Leftover rice will be the best option here. Slightly dried out but still soft will ensure you won’t have a mushy Quesadilla. If you don’t have any leftover rice, make sure you don’t overcook it!
The Greek yogurt: It’s no secret that I love using it in many recipes. You can use it as a sub for sour cream here. It’s tangier, richer, creamier and has way more protein than sour cream.
Tip and Tricks to nail this Sheet Pan Quesadilla
There’s really only one trick to nailing this recipe. The second tray that gets placed on top is the key. It will slightly weigh down the Quesadilla, giving it a flat shape and helping the top get nice and crispy, just like the bottom.
Take it out of the oven, remove the top pan, and let it cool slightly before removing it from the bottom.
If you’re looking up you for sheet pan dinner game, here’s a great example of sturdy, long lasting pans that will do the trick! HONGBAKE Baking Sheet Pan Set
Make it, freeze it, love it all over again!
This is going to be a killer meal prep option.
You’ll want to make the recipe fully and cut it into your desired portions. Once they’ve cooled down, tightly wrap them and pop them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to heat one back up, pop it in the microwave and enjoy!
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked this recipe, here are a few other recipe we think you should check out!
Sheet Pan QuesadillaPrint Recipe
- 12 Chicken thighs Cooked and roughly Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 8oz Can black beans Drained
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 399ml Can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs Chopped green chillies
- 12 large Wholewheat tortillas
- Pre heat oven to 450F.
- Line your bottom sheet pan with parchment paper and lay your tortillas on the bottom, making sure it completely covers the bottom and about hangs over the edge of the tray.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. You want to make sure you get a bit of everything in each bite!
- Generously spread your quesadilla filling over the tortillas. Place two tortillas in the middle of the sheet pan and wrap the hanging tortillas over the top. (The video above quickly shows this process!).
- Place your second sheet tray on top and bake for 35min or until its golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with more Greek yogurt or sour cream, salsa and fresh cilantro.