If you’re looking for a 15-minute, easy family meal, you’ve come to the right place! This Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup will definitely be in your fall meal rotation. Pack with your favourite pasta, fall-off-the-bone rotisserie chicken and some beautiful stewed kale; there’s something for everyone!
Key ingredients for this Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup
There’s so much room to play with your ingredients, from the tortolini, kale and chicken.
The pasta: You can find a decent amount of fresh and dried pasta at the grocery store filled with great flavours. I like to use a three-cheese filling, but the world is your tortellini!
The chicken: When picking the perfect rotisserie chicken, check the date or ask for one hot off the spit! If you’d like to roast your chicken, that works just as well!
The veg: We used fresh kale in our soup. It becomes tender and light when sauteed and roasted down, perfect for a cool fall day!
Nailing it every time!
This is a simple recipe with very few steps, but here are the ones you’ll want to ensure you do right!
A proper dice: When it comes to onion and garlic, make sure they’re as fine as you can get them. This is going to ensure an even distribution of flavour throughout the soup!
A base of colour – When you are sauteeing your onions and garlic, we want to develop flavour while keeping the aromatics from burning. Keep your heat low just to be safe!
Reduce a touch: The key to a creamy texture is to recuse the amount of liquid slightly. Keep it low and stir often to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom and burns!
Save this Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup for a rainy day!
This soup isn’t just filling, hearty, flavour, and easy to make; it’s also the perfect meal prep option.
Make a batch or two and stick it in the freezer, heat it to go and enjoy!
Make the soup and omit the pasta if you want a fresher meal prep option. Cook it fresh and add it in, and you won’t be able to tell it wasn’t all made on the spot!
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of this hearty Creamy Tuscan Tortellini Soup, here are a few other soups I think You’ll love!
Creamy Tuscan Tortellini SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Butter Salted
- 1 large Onion Diced
- 4 large Garlic cloves Minced
- 2 cups Kale Shredded
- 1 28oz Can crushed tomatoes
- 1 L Vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup Water
- 1 large Parm rind Optional
- 1 12oz Pack stuffed tortellini
- 6 large Basil leaves Sliced thin
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Rotisserie Chicken Pulled
- Salt, pepper and chili flake to season
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté your onions and garlic in olive oil and butter, until translucent.
- Next toss in your kale and sauté it down.
- Once your kale is soft and tender, add in 28oz of crushed tomatoes, stock and water. Bring to a boil and add in your parm rind (optional).
- Once your pot is at a boil, add in 12oz of tortellini and your sliced basil.
- Turn your heat down and add in one cup of heavy cream and a full rotisserie. Allow all these ingredients to become friends and slowly bubble away until the pasta is fully cooked, about 7-8 min.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt, black pepper and chili flakes and serve with lots of shaved parmesan.