This 10 minutes, flavourful, ginger scallion ramen is a perfect recipe for all you noodle lovers out there. This is a perfect recipe for those busy weeknights when you need something quick and easy but still packed with flavour. Say hello to Ginger Scallion Noodles!
How to make Ginger scallion Noodles
Making these noodles is very easy and the sauce is one of those condiments that tastes amazing on literally everything. So let’s start with how to make these ginger scallion sauce. What you are going to do is chop up some garlic and ginger, and then thinly slice some great onions. Add all of that to a bowl and season with low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, black pepper, chilli flakes, sesame oil, and szechwan pepper corns (optional).
Next up we are going to heat some neutral flavoured oil (such as sunflower, canola, vegetable, or grape-seed oil) until it is hot and starting to shimmer. Once the oil is hot, carefully pour into the bowl of ingredients and watch as it sizzles! So exciting! Now just leave the ginger scallion sauce off to the side as you prepare the noodles.
What type of noodles to use?
There really isn’t a wrong answer here. You can use instant ramen noodles, vermicelli noodles, soba noodles, udon.. What ever you got. I used instant ramen noodles as I think they work pretty well. Again this is the kinda meal you can throw together super quick so just use what you have on hand.
Other noodle dishes you may enjoy
Ginger Scallion NoodlesPrint Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup Ginger, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp black pepper szechuan pepper corns are great too!
- 1 tbs chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2/3 cup grape-seed oil
- 2 packages instant ramen
- In a large bowl add together green onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, sesame oil, and chilli flakes.
- Add grape seed oil to small pot and place over medium high heat. Once oil is hot and shimmering, remove from heat and carefully pour into bowl of ingredients. It should sizzle and bubble.
- Next up follow the package instructions and cook the ramen noodles.
- Drain noodles and place into a clean large bowl. Scoop in half of the ginger scallion sauce and toss. Save the rest in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.