I have been really loving making new salad recipes lately and this is one of my new favourites. Jammed packed with all sorts of good for your ingredients and great fuel, this is a salad that eats like a meal and one I hope you enjoy!
I am a huge fan of traditional cobb salads, but they tend to be a bit on the heavy side. And given the polarizing nature of blue cheese, I have decided to make a few substitutions in this Lighter Cobb Salad recipe.
What makes this Lighter Cobb Salad different?
I made a few substitutions while keeping some of the ingredients the same. I wanted a ton of protein in this salad so we kept the chicken breast and boiled eggs, and then added turkey bacon and chick peas. As far as veggies go, I tossed in romain lettuce, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onions.
Making this Lighter Cobb Salad
Whipping together this lighter cobb salad is super easy. I love making this as dinner and then enjoying the leftovers the next day for lunch. Really you can mix and match any protein or veggies that you have in your fridge. Feel free to experiment.
I have been trying to keep my salad dressings a bit lighter lately and this is a simple vinegrette that you can use for any salad really. Into a bowl toss together some dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, and then stream in some olive oil. Really easy, and very satisfying.
Other salads you may enjoy!
Lighter Cobb SaladPrint Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Cooked Chicken Breasts, diced
- 6 pieces turkey bacon, chopped
- 3 Hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a small bowl mix together the dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Slow stream in the olive oil. Set off to the side.
- In a bowl layer in the romaine lettuce, and then line up all the other ingredients on top in any order you like. Once ready to serve, pour on the dressing, toss, and enjoy!!