This simple, crowd pleasing sheet pan chicken shawarma will become your families go to weeknight feast! Full of flavour, approachable, fun, and oh so satisfying. This is a meal that everyone in the family will look forward too! This recipe is everything you love about Chicken Shawarma all on one sheet pan and ready for your oven. Easy clean up too!
Whipping together a quick and easy weeknight can be challenging. Getting a meal that the whole family loves, sometimes feels impossible. I really feel that this sheet pan chicken shawarma meal is one of those meals that will creep into your weekly meal rotation.
Seasoning your chicken
The process of cooking this meal is very simple. Simply grab a bowl and toss in some sliced chicken breast and sweet potato. I then proceeding to season with garlic, lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cinnamon, oregano, olive oil, and salt. Mix all together. For even more flavour let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours!
I love making sheet pan dinners as they are easy, delicious, and clean up is always super easy. Having a quality baking pan makes the cooking and end result that much better. Here are the pans that I use for best results.
I suggest making this meal interactive. Have your family or guests build their own shawarmas at the table. Drop the sheet tray in the centre of the table and surround it will toppings for people to build their own! Lettuce, pickles, hummus, garlic sauce, pickled turnips, tomatoes. Sky is the limit!
Other weeknight dinners you might enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken ShawarmaPrint Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into disks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
Sides to serve
- 1 ice berg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pickled turnips
- 1 cup dill pickles, sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup garlic mayo
- 1 cup hummus
- 6 pitas
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a large bowl toss together chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, oregano, salt, and olive oil.
- Lay onion directly on sheet tray and then pour out seasoned chicken and sweet potatoes over top of the onions. Try to spread everything out as much as possible. Toss sheet tray into oven and let bake for 40-45 minutes. I suggest turning on the broiler for the last 5 minutes to get a bit of colour on the chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Place sheet tray on the table and serve will all of the sides. Encourage your friends or family to feast!