This is a fun one folks. Tzatziki has to be one of the most versatile dips out there. It has everything, it’s tangy, creamy, bright and acidic. When you have a dish that needs a touch of something special, Tzatziki might just be the answer. You’ll want to make this one, so lets get to it!
A little on the history.
This is one of those foods thats been around for a very long time. And there’s a reason for that, its delicious. Many cultures have a version of tzatziki, usually a dairy product that is mixed with high acidity citrus and mixed with garlic and fresh herbs. We see places like the Middle East, Greece and other Mediterranean countries use it as a staple to both freshen seafood and help tame spicer dishes. It’s the versatility that has allowed it to stand the test of time!
Key ingredients in Tzatziki:
- Greek yogurt- The most important part. They best greek yogurt is tangy, bright and airy.
- Cucumber- Adds more freshness while creating some texture!
- Lemon- We want bright, bright acidity to help balance the fat of the yogurt.
- Garlic- Adds a fresh garlicky burn that as acts as an anchor for extra spices you might want to add.
What to eat with Tzatziki:
It’s safe to say, a proper Tzatziki can pretty much go with anything. Its also incredible as a party dip. Chips, crackers or fresh cut vegetables, all goes great! Here’s a few recipes we think you’ll want to pair together:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Cucumber Diced
- 1 Lemon Zested and Juiced
- 2 tbs Parsley Chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Garlic clove Minced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Serve chilled right from the fridge.