This Miso Broccoli Salad is the perfect mix between a super classic broccoli salad and everyone’s favourite Caesar salad. The addition of the miso adds a ton of umami, making this a go-to dinner salad that everyone is going to love!
Miso Broccoli Salad- The perfect roast every time.
We want to get as much roasted broccoli flavour as possible. To get the most out of your broccoli (or other vegetables), the trick is to get your oven and pan as hot as possible.
When we put a cold tray loaded with veggies into a hot oven, the tray has to get ripping hot before you’ll get any colour on the veg.
A great tip is to place your tray in the oven while it preheats. When your pan is good and hot, pop your broccoli in the oven and roast away!
When you’re seasoning your broccoli, make sure to give it a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Broccoli Miso Salad- A little added crunch.
Texture is super important, especially in a salad like this. The broccoli is super tender with some crispy bits, the bacon adds a good bite, but the toasted panko is what really gives this salad an awesome texture.
Into a pan set over medium heat, add in a few teaspoons of olive oil. Once heated, toss in about ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs. Move them around in the pan to keep them from burning. Once they’re golden brown, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate.
Tips on nailing the dressing.
This dressing is kind of like a classic Caesar, but with an extra special ingredient.
Miso is a fermented soybean paste; it comes in a few different colours (we used white miso), each with varying levels of umami.
If you’re having trouble finding miso paste in your local grocery stores, try any of your local independent Asian grocery stores; they’ll have what you’re looking for.
The trick to nailing this sauce is making sure you’ve fully incorporated each ingredient. Miso can be pretty thick and will need a little extra help mixing into the mayo and other ingredients.
Other recipes to check out!
If you liked the sound of this Miso Broccoli Salad, here are a few other recipes to check out!
Miso Broccoli SaladPrint Recipe
- 6 large Broccoli Heads Cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 5 strips Bacon Fried and chopped
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
For the Panko
- 1/3 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 tbs Olive oil
For the Dressing
- 2 tbs Mayo Or Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp White Miso
- 1 small Garlic Clove Minced or grated
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. As it's preheating, place a large baking sheet into the oven and allow it to heat up.
- With a sharp knife, cut 6 heads of broccoli into bite-sized florets. Place them into a large bowl and season with 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp of kosher salt, and 1 tsp of freshly cracked pepper. Once your oven is heated, roast until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add in 1 tbsp of olive oil; once heated, dump in ⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs. Keep your eye on the pan as they can burn quickly. Keep stirring; fry for 3-4 min or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lastly, into a bowl, add 2 tbsp of mayo, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tsp of miso paste, 1 tsp of Dijon, ½ tsp of Worcestershire, 1 small minced garlic clove, 1 good crack of black pepper, and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Give that a good mix and set aside.
- Add your roasted broccoli to a bowl, crumble in your bacon, pour over your dressing, and garnish with fried panko breadcrumbs and more Parm.