If it’s the perfect summertime salad you’re looking for, this Summer Strawberry Quinoa Salads is it. Packed with the freshest summer strawberries and herbs; the perfect accompaniment for any barbecue or for a quick meal prep. This one is summer-time in a bowl folks, you’ll want to make this one for sure!
Key ingredients for this Summer Salad.
This salad is freshness in a bowl, that means you have to make sure to get the freshest ingredients. This time of year requires frequent farmers market trips. Some of the best produce, herbs, cheeses and of course strawberries come from local farms and growers.
Herbs- Make sure to the herbs are fresh and clean, no dirt or grit in this salad. The mint and strawberry combo is one of our favourites.
Strawberries– We would advise you don’t use frozen strawberries, once they’re frozen they lose so much of their texture and freshness.
Feta- This dish needs a little bit of saltines to enhance the fresh summer flavours. Crumbled feta is a great way to make sure each bite is just as good as the last.
Tips on nailing this Summer Strawberry Quinoa Salad every time.
This dish is too good to be ruined by under or over cooked quinoa. It’s an art to get this ancient grain perfect every time. Either stick to the recipe on the back of your pack or follow this easy guide:
A great ratio for perfect quinoa is every time is: 1 ¾ cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit covered for about 10 minutes more.
- Then, remove the lid and make sure to fluff to remove any lumps.
Cook with the season.
It’s important to be able to enjoy your favourite recipes no matter the season. Your cooking should change depending on what is available. Modern grocery stores have allowed us to be able to purchase our favourite produce and veg whenever we want, but that doesn’t mean the produce we buy if always at its optimal freshness. Play around with other combinations of fruits and herbs and see what you like best! A fall version of this salad with fresh apple sounds great to us!
Other recipes you should check out!
If you liked the sound of this Summer Strawberry Quinoa Salad, here are a few other recipes like it we think you should check out!
Summer Strawberry and Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe
- 3 cup Quinoa
- 2 cup Fresh Strawberries Diced
- 1/4 cup Green onions Sliced thin
- 1 cup Fresh mint Chopped or torn
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Crumbled
- 1 large Lemon Zested and juiced
- 1 tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- Follow package instructions to cook quinoa. Once it is cooked, strain and let cold water run over it to cool down. Once cool, place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve cool along side your favourite BBQ!